Learn to Lindy Hop: A Vintage Swing Dance!
Sign up today to learn the Lindy Hop: A Vintage Swing Dance born in Harlem, NY alongside Jazz music in the 1930's & '40's! Lindy is a joyful dance and will put a smile on your face. Our 4-week series will get you ready to strut your stuff on the dance floor!
BEGINNING LINDY HOP - 6:00PM
This is 4-week progressive series for the beginner Lindy Hopper. We start from square one, teaching the basic rhythms, footwork, and technique. By the end, you'll have several classic moves to use on the social dance floor! Each class builds upon the previous one, so sign up for the whole month!
INTERMEDIATE LINDY HOP - 7:00PM
Once you have the basics nailed (we suggest taking the Beginning class series at least twice) hop on up to this class! We'll be working on improving our Lindy technique, communication skills, and styling with new moves, movement, and fancy footwork!
...class is held every Thursday, and there's a social dance afterward from 8-midnight!
$10 drop-in per student per class, or $35 for the month (Save $5!)
Dance is $8 DJ, $10 Live Band
classes and dance are sold separately
- Registration is for Thursday night Lindy Hop classes at the Mercury Cafe!
- All Dances (Thursdays & Sundays) and Sunday Jitterbug classes are Drop-in: there is no pre-registration required!
- You can also pay at the door with check or cash. Credit cards are only accepted online!
- No partner is required! One half of the class elects to rotate partners throughout class, and those who do, generally learn the basics faster!
- There are no refunds for missed sessions!
Something we didn't cover? write us at firstname.lastname@example.org